Stove Fire on Green St.

12/12/2010

Company’s 27, 28, and 37 responded to the 300 block of W. Green Street in the borough for a report of a stove fire. Engine 128 and the Truck went on scene to find a small grease fire that burned itself out. The fire was a result of a small spill of oil from deep frying french fries. The insulation wrapping the oven box under the burners was saturated with cooking oil and was smoldering. Interior crews extinguished the smoldering insulation. Chief 27 held the box to Engines 127, 128, and Truck 28 until the interior crew made sure there was no more fire under the burners of the stove. Units were on scene for a half hour before returning.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.